This list of psychological techniques has been proven in practice. Perhaps some of them resemble manipulation. Others may use these techniques in communicating with you, but he who is forewarned is armed.
1. At the beginning of the acquaintance, pay attention to the color of the eyes of one of those present. Let this information not be useful to you (unless, of course, you are going to devote poetry to him). But this technique helps to achieve optimal eye contact, demonstrating your friendliness and self-confidence to your interlocutors.
2. People remember best what happened at the beginning and at the end of the day, and everything that happens between these points is perceived as blurry. Therefore, when scheduling an interview, try to be the first or last on the list of candidates.
3. The position of the feet of people participating in the conversation can betray their hidden emotions. For example, if you approach two acquaintances and they turn towards you only with their bodies, keeping the position of their feet, they are clearly not disposed towards you. Likewise, the toes of the other person’s shoes or boots turned away from you indicate that he wants to leave as soon as possible.
4. When a group of people is overwhelmed by laughter, everyone instinctively glances at the one who is most sympathetic to him. This, by the way, is a great way to figure out office romances.
5. If you want to get an honest answer to a question, and the interlocutor evades, pause, as qualified psychotherapists do. Be silent for a while, continuing to look the other person in the eye. As a rule, the person becomes uncomfortable and wants to fill the gap.
6. If you feel that your boss is getting ready to chew you at the flyer, sit right next to him. Your close proximity will reduce his level of aggression, and you will be able to get away with it.
7. When you ask people for small favors, they start to like you. This is the psychological mechanism: we value more those we have taken care of at least once.
8. Try to remember the name of the person when you first meet and use it in subsequent communication. This will endear him to you.